Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I get an A+ in Facebook

I recently read a newspaper article that explained that Facebook, the popular networking site, will now be used in public school classrooms. It stated that the school board was no longer going to fight against the students for trying to use Facebook at school and instead, use it as a learning tool. They will use it for extra help as early as grade 5.
Personally, I have never used Facebook as a learning tool, except to maybe learn who got wasted the previous weekend. I am very skeptical as to how Facebook could be used for extra help in a grade 5 classroom. Why not try Google? I hope everyone comes to their senses soon and realizes this is a horrible idea. To me this seems like a cop out. Yes, I am sure teachers are sick and tired of trying to block Facebook on school computers but I don't think this is a valid way to solve the problem. I am also wondering what the school board receives from Facebook for complying to their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment